Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kaffeine Wars - A tremendous success !!!

It was a Friday morning and I realized that my event (Kaffeine Wars) was given the slot on the same day and was supposed to commence from 1:30pm . I took me about one and half hours to prepare the questions for the preliminary round (Round 1). To my surprise there was no delay at all and Round 1 started on time thanks to the support and effort shown by the volunteers of Sun Club .
Fifty one students from within and outside the college participated with great enthusiasm and from these 26 teams 11 teams were shortlisted for Round 2 which was the onspot coding round.
Round 2 started on schedule from 00:30 am midnight and finished at 5:00 am in the morning. The problem statement was implementation of an extensive lightweight word processor using the RTFEditor Toolkit for editing the Rich-Text-Format files having all the features that a typical word processor has.
Again to my surprise the response was amazing as I never expected such good results in a short span of four hours with no support except Sun Java API docs.
Two teams emerged with some professional stuff performance and were awarded as the Kaffeine Wars 2009 Champs .
The team coming second was a talented pair of boys from NIT Jamshedpur and the Champions were from our very own NIT Durgapur , second year students - Aritra and Shankha .
Check out the pics and the snapshots as they speak a lot about the events' success !












1 comment:

vikash said...

First of all before congratulating to u for the suceess of kaffeine wars, i would like to say something about u so that people know how hard working you are.
I met this guy in first year during the conselling and since then I admire him a lot. A guy who is always ready to help others , a guy who believes nothing is impossible to achieve, a guy who makes me proud that i am his room-mate. Since first year I have seen him working very hard in whatever subject he pursue. The class notes doesn't matter to him .He studies in his own style and believe me he has a very strong concept in whatever he does. Thought I may be high in pointer than him but he much higher than me in concepts,. Its truly told engineer are not made in classes. I believe he is the most talented guy in our third year CSE batch.I wish abhishek all the best for the future

And now about the kaffeine wars.
Congrats for the success of kaffine wars.
I cleared the prelims and found the prelims question to be of good standard.
Though I dont know much about Netbeans the final round was a good experience for me.
Hats off to tou for your hard work.

Thanks for being a wonderful friend.